2015 Pro-Life Internship in New York CityExpectant Mother Care - EMC FrontLine Pregnancy Centers
American Center for Pro-Life Action
Come save lives with us in New York City, the Abortion Capital of America!
Who are we?
Expectant Mother Care (EMC) is New York City's oldest and largest network of pregnancy centers. Directed by Chris Slattery, EMC FrontLine counselors and ultrasound techs have helped save over 43,000+ children from abortion since 1985, and have counseled over 145,000 women.In 2014, EMC FrontLine's staff and interns saved 1,000+ mothers from certain abortions mostly inside our pregnancy care centers in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, and numerous other US cities. Learn more at out our intern blog and at EMCFrontLine.org.
About the internship
This internship involves up to 45 hours of work a week working in a variety of counseling settings in our pregnancy care centers, outdoor sidewalk counseling at abortion mills, escorting expectant mothers to appointments, pro-life/pro-abstinence literature distribution, and organizing pro-life special events.
In 2015, there will also be opportunities in pro-life public speaking and fundraising. For more information on these opportunities, contact Chris Slattery at firstname.lastname@example.org (212) 213-4690 .
We will tailor the work to the individual talents of each person and to our needs each week.We provide:
- Free Room and Board, including travel passes and allowances for up to a dozen Pro-Life Interns, in an old, charming, cozy, two family house, with separate quarters for men and women. (Maximum occupancy: 6 women and 5 men.)
- Visits with leading pro-life leaders in NYC: Fr. Frank Pavone, the Sisters of Life, Msgr. Phillip Reilly
- Visits to cultural and religious sites in NY Area, and places such as Philadelphia, Washington DC, Boston, Williamsburg, VA (in summer primarily)
- Opening and Operating a pro-life Pregnancy Center with or without Medical Services
- Pregnancy Help Counseling
- Abstinence Counseling in Centers and Clinics
- Sidewalk Counseling at NYC's largest and busiest abortion mills
- Conducting a "40 Days for Life" Campaign (upcoming in the Spring or Fall)
You will live in the Bronx Lifehouse with other interns and will be reimbursed for MetroCards.
May - September internships:
- Interns will be given a stipend of $75 per week.
- Interns must raise and donate $150 towards Expectant Mother Care.
- 8 week minimum internship length.
October - April internships:
- Interns will be given a stipend of $100 per week.
Stipend money will be provided via PayPal.
Though this is an intense, rewarding internship requiring lots of hard work, our interns have fun too! For example, we often go to shows, museums, sporting events, and on occasional beach trips (in the summer).
Requirements to Apply
- Interns must be at least 20 years old, or reach age 20 during the internship.
- Interns must be non-smokers.
- Non-native English speakers must have good or excellent English scores.
Saving children, here in the Abortion Capital of America takes special people. Each candidate is required to complete a questionnaire and phone interview. Click here for our Application Questionnaire
ProLifeInterns is a project of The Evergreen Association, Inc., a 501(c)(3) recognized charity,
based at 61 Lewis Pkwy, Yonkers, NY 10705